Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Post I Never Wanted to Write

I'm at a fortunate place in my life right now. A few weeks ago I was offered, and accepted, a new position within my company supporting a new client. I'm very excited about the opportunity and the career path its going to send me on. I'm hoping it turns out like when Joel Moore signed on to do Avatar. You realize this moron is going to make millions and millions of dollars because he looks like a giant nerd, right?

Unfortunately, for me, I won't be making millions and millions of dollars (yet), but I will have to dedicate a much larger portion of my day to actually doing work related tasks. Don't tell anyone I said that. In fact, I didn't say that. I was joking. I always write my blogs from home.

Anyway, given the anticipation that I will have a significantly smaller amount of free time in my life, I'm afraid this blog will have to take a bit of a backseat. The two of you who care have noticed a decreased amount of postings recently and I apologize. I've been taking on more tasks for my new team and not dedicating time to writing. My wife promises me that this is the right move. Even though I think your work day entertainment is more important than my career, she's guiding me in the other direction (gotta marry up, know what I mean?).

It regrets me to be a blogger at all, but especially one who does not give time to updating their blog. I figure I should at least give you a heads up. I plan on returning to this as soon as possible to update you on the fantasy league, the Redskins failures, why I'm smarter than most people and other things you wouldn't care about if I didn't tell you.

And with that, my leave of absence begins. Let's hope the Redskins defense's has ended....

No comments:

Post a Comment